Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sivaji

Yes, I am a pussy. I don’t want them to burn my house down. Who they? No, not the people in my head, for a change. These are real people, made out of flesh and blood. What do they do besides destroying houses? They destroy each other and eventually themselves. All for what joy, one might ask. All was almost fine until a dreadful phenomenon “Sivaji” struck the world in the wee hours of 15th June 2007. You think Tsunami was bad? Heh, think again!


So what if it stars a 60-year-old man doing a 20-year-old great grand child? What if the actor was made to look younger with the help of computer graphics that lifts a European woman’s skin and grafts it into the superstar(?)’s face? What if people stayed overnight at the movies in the hope of getting a ticket? The movie makers make CASH. That is all it boils down to, isn’t it? What do the people who are crazy (by this, I mean MAD crazy) fanatics get out of this ordeal? Umm…don’t get them grey cells working. The answer is NOTHING. Oh oh also, the fans bathed his idol/ cut out with beer. What can possibly be the logic behind such an abnormal act?


“Sivaji” has been billed as India's most expensive movie and apparently the plot revolves around a man who loses money because of corrupt politicians and bureaucrats. Innovative eh? Not to forget, the tickets are being sold for Rs.2000 in black (Hint: Tsunami relief fund and CRY need you!). We talk about “poverty” in our country. Really? You think ANYONE cares?


Al-qaeda doesn’t have to think too hard to bomb a thickly populated area anymore. The thought that holds me back from watching this something they call a movie is the fact that I will never get back those 3 hours of my life spent watching it besides other very obvious reasons. What is sad is not the movie by itself but the way people react to it. Believe me when I say I tried in every way possible to try to think the way they do but I fail miserably every time I do that. The saying “Failure is a stepping stone to success” scares me at this point for I never want to see the day when I “succeed” in seeing the awesomeness involved in the movie.


This is a post by Pri, who for some reason doesn't want to post this on her own blog. Visit her blog from my blog roll, "Birth of Sanity".

No comments: